Sunday, November 4, 2012

This is what a UNC feminist looks like: Kristen


Kristen was one of the first people gracious enough to share her thoughts with me for this blog. Here is what she has to say: 

  1. What does feminism mean to you?
    I've never been a headstrong feminist but I believe in equality which is why feminism is important to me. It means being on a equal playing ground, being able to make my own decisions when it comes to my body, and ideally excluding gender stratification when it comes to weighing men and women.

  1. Do you feel like you have a female role model in college?

    I wouldn't say I have a role model. I look up to quite a few women in our popular culture ranging from Maya Angelou to Meryl Streep and as far as UNC goes, professors like Joyce Rudinsky or Lois Boynton are great women to encounter.

  1. What do you do to make UNC a more feminist-friendly place? In order to make UNC a more feminist- friendly place, I'll sign women's rights petitions or things like that if there are any. I have to admit, although I support feminist movements, I'm not very active in them.

If you want to contribute to this blog, please email your responses to these questions to samn216@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment