Sunday, November 4, 2012

This is what a UNC feminist looks like: Danielle

  1. What does feminism mean to you?

For me, feminism signifies empowerment, freedom, and equality. It means an effort to combat the normative belief that womyn and anyone else who challenges the gender system are second class individuals.

  1. Do you feel like you have a female role model in college?I have a few female role models in college: Dr. Lisa Pearce, Dr. Jacqueline Hagan, and Dr. Ariana Vigil. They are all strong, independent, successful womyn, and all of them hold my dream career.

  1. What do you do to make UNC (or your college or workplace) a more feminist-friendly place?
    Honestly, I just challenge friends and peers to think more critically about what they repeat and how it influences others. For example, saying "hey guys" to a room full of womyn is unacceptable and I let the speaker know that. Not to mention I blow up everyone's FB news feed with feminist quotes etc.

    If you're interested in participating in this blog, email your response to these 3 questions and an image to samn216@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment